Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuesday Toot Meme



Happy Tuesday everyone! I always say I do not get enough time for me. Mommy time. I spend so much time cleaning, taking care of the kids, cooking ect. And while these are all things I passionately enjoy, it seems that everything else around me stopped when I had kids. This is to be expected to an extent, but should I have to stop doing any and all things that I enjoy for myself because of it? No! Steven has the things that he enjoys and I gladly encourage him to do those things. But what about me? Where do I get my time?

I have learned that you just have to make the time and take it. That is my goal this year is to have more time for me. That also includes taking better care of myself all around. But this weekend I learned that, because the schedule is so busy, there is a small price that comes with taking that time.

Friday after we had dinner at Bucca di Beppo we headed over to Arden Fair Mall. I had a pair a boots that the soles literally exploded on so I was in desperate need of a new pair. Now, I do not buy things that often for myself, because I always think, what could I of got for the kids with that money? We ended up at Macy's, and while I was just really looking to see what they had with no intention to buy, I couldn't help but to take advantage of the insane sale they had going on. I mean if I was going to get a new pair of shoes and spend the money why not be on major sale? The boots were marked down 40% off with an ADDITIONAL 30% off!! You would of done it too. By the time all was said and done, I got a $100 pair of boots for a whopping 
$ 35.00!  

Feeling the urge to not pass up that sale,  I went back later that evening alone. I bought one more pair of boots and a pair of Ed Hardy flip flops! (They were adorable and that is all I wear in the summer!) I left with both the boots and flip flops for $ 87.00 The boots were originally 100 and something and the flip flops were like 35. Now, you are probably thinking I was done right? NOPE!  I headed over to the cosmetics counter and picked me up some new skin care. A complete system too, complete with some eye cream! By the end of the trip I was feeling great! I cannot tell you how long it has been since I had put some money out for some skin care that did not come from Target. It was much needed. After having 2 kids and this crazy weather, my skin has really changed. I think now more than ever is a good time to start taking better care of it.

Sorry guys I have a lot to toot about!

My best friend was also in town this weekend. She was only here for a few days for a funeral. She lives in FL so I could not have her come, and not see her. I was going to see her no matter what it took. After being up since 6:30 on Saturday morning, having already gone to breakfast with one of my great friends, a family B-day party in the afternoon, and back to Macy's to get Steven a few things. It was already 8:00. I was exhausted! But she was leaving at 6am the next morning - it had to be that night. I freshened myself up and headed to pick her up. We ended up meeting 2 friends from Jr. High at BJ's for some food and drinks. I was driving so I had a 2 drink limit on myself. By the time we all met up it was after 10. I did not get home til after midnight. I was over exhausted and ill. I got sick, probably from all the dang food I eat, and the fact that we probably did not get our food until 11:00. A small price to pay to be able to see my best friend, but my point is, this weekend was full of awesome time for me. I can't thank Steven enough for his support in allowing me to take the time.

Hope I didn't put anyone to sleep *lol*. Thanks for listening to me toot!!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I love your new look! You did a fabulous job!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i agree, it looks great!!!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome - it is important to take the time for yourself and treat yourself to some goodies too. I am proud of you!